Bart's Weekend connection picks
- So, Walleye Weekend was pretty great this year right? Still on cloud nine from how great the music was on the K107.1 CD Smith Construction Music Stage East this year. Want to relive that experience? Star Six Nine is back in front of your face this Saturday night! Check 'em out at Ziggy's - 9:30pm. Say hi to Big Al for me.
- Friday and Saturday - it's North Fondy Fest (as said in the voice of Wade Bates, of course). Annual family fun event to celebrate pride in the community of North Fond du Lac. Raffle, food, games, and music. Daily attractions include children's crafts and games, face painting, a giant slip and slide, a bounce house and a model train display. Softball and kickball tournaments will take place on Friday night along with a chicken dinner. On Saturday, a pancake breakfast will be held. The run/walk will begin at 7am and softball and kickball tournaments will continue. Road Trip on Saturday night.
- And Artboy is going to have some good Fathers' Day events for you so I'll add one of my own. ADVOCAP's Father & Family Stability Project and Habitat for Humanity will be hosting a fun-filled family celebration in honor of Father's Day at Habitat for Humanity ReStore, 150 S. Brooke Street in Fond du Lac on Saturday, June 15 from 11 a.m. until 1 p.m. Parents and their children are welcome to enjoy good food, make a Father's Day card, and win door prizes. The Father's Day cookout is free and open to all families and their children. The Father & Family Stability Project is designed to enable fathers to strengthen family relationships, become more engaged in their children's lives and achieve greater economic independence.
Kevin's Weekend connection picks
- Let's give some picks for Father's Day weekend that teeter more on the low-key and relaxing side. First, check out Trinity on Saturday night. Live music in the bar area by Cookee from 5-8pm. Happy Hour from 3-6pm with $1 off every drink. Originally from Denver, Colorado, Cookee has toured this country extensively for the last twenty-three years. He has performed in over 600 cities in 26 states. Cookee is also the drummer/front man for one of Wisconsin's top dance/show groups, "The Hits." Cookee has been in the opening act for numerous national groups, including; The Beach Boys, Sha-Na-Na, America, The Association, The Guess Who, Tommy James, Hermans Hermits, Lou Christie, Leslie Gore, Gary Puckett, The Grass Roots, Steppenwolf, Paul Revere & The Raiders, Tommy Roe, Peter Noone, The Buckinghams, Bobby Vee, Paula Poundstone and the Mama's and The Papa's.
- Old timey baseball on Sunday. Ever wonder how baseball was played in its early days? Come out to Wade House this Sunday and play base ball with the Greenbush Dead Citys using the rules of the 1860s! Every year on Father's Day the Wade House invites members of the public to play or watch alongside members of the team! The match begins at 1:30 p.m. with many participants, young and old, to be chosen from the crowd! After a short briefing on the rules and etiquette of the 19th century game, a nine round match will be played. No need to bring your ball glove, because during the 1860s gloves were not a part of the game! Hot dogs and other concession items will be available for purchase at the ball field. Bring the whole family out for some base ball fun!
- And also on Sunday, The 36th annual Fond du Lac Evening Optimist Father's Day Antique Car & Truck Show will be at Fond du Lac's Lakeside Park on Sunday, June 16th. There will be live entertainment, door prizes, food and refreshments. Vehicles must be 15 years or older. Registration fee is $5.00. For more info call Dan at 920-922-8285. Happy Father's Day.
Kevin "Artboy" Miller is the Executive Director for the Windhover Center for the Arts, 51 Sheboygan Street in downtown Fond du Lac. Although trying to find a street named Sheboygan in a town named Fond du Lac can be tough for some people, mainly Artboy himself. One time Kevin even wound up in Georgia just trying to find his way to work. Thankfully, Jacqui "Marketing Chick" Corsi is there to navigate Kevin to his weekly K107.1 segment, 9:15am on Friday mornings on "Mornings with Bart".